Can a person sue their divorse lawyer for unsatisfactory work?

For instance, my father has been trying to divorce my mother for almost 5 years. He has requested his lawyer request for a legal separation and the lawyer say he can’t, even though through my research there is no reason he can’t. Also, my father has requested for child support money and his lawyer has refused to ask. The lawyer has been dragging the divorce out for this amount of time saying there are money issues that needs to be sorted out. My father want the divorce over and yet the lawyer refuses end this. All the while he is still charging my father his price and continues to demand money that my father does not have. I believe he is trying to bankrupt my father. Now all of this is under Kentucky court systems. So can my father fire his lawyer and then sue him for unsatisfactory work, or possibly legal fraud?

Powered by Yahoo! Answers