How can i pursue a criminal case of identity theft.?

Thank ‘s to all the people that are sending comments.Well I did submitted a police report but I got a letter saying that they regret that this case does not meet their threshold for investigation at the present time and they send me information who to report identity theft but I don’t need that what I need is them to investigate the case and they also mention that if there are additional incidents that I become aware of new information which might assist prosecution to call and they send me a phone number.
so can someone help me with more comments I really appreciated so much.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers