I need a lawyer for someone who stole my checkbook?

and wrote checks forging my signature. This person stole about 5 thousand dollars from me.

I’m exploring my options for lawyers to help me figure all of this mess out, but what kind of lawyer do I need? Criminal lawyer? Family law? Is there a speciality of lawyers that deal in Fraud?
Just as a note, I know someone might say that I don’t need a lawyer that I need to just call the police. But it’s more complicated than that and I would feel more comfortable if I had a lawyer.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers