What do you do if you are bein charged too much child support?

My best friend has, for the past 8 years, been paying much more than state (Texas) law dictates for child support. It was increased simply because his ex-wife went into the court house and told them that he was earning more, with no documentation at all. She has never faced fraud charges or any other consequences. The only answer he gets from the courts is: "Just keep paying until we sort this out". Are there any agencies that offer help to people that are being railroaded and bullied by the system? How do you make the courts understand that you are not a dead-beat, but that you are being overcharged?

Powered by Yahoo! Answers