What type of Doctor is needed to certify your pet as an Emotional Support Animal for a med disability?

I have 3 medical conditions that are directly affected by stress. I am looking for "Pet friendly" housing with no luck and it was suggested I make my cat an Emotional Service Animal. What type of documentation or dr’s note do I require? And what type of Doctor? A Medical or Behavioral health doctor?
discussed below, emotional support animals are not covered under laws
that apply specifically to service animals, but may be allowed to accompany
individuals in housing as “reasonable accommodations” or “reasonable
modifications” for the individual’s disability.
Housing is covered under federal law in the Fair Housing Act (FHA).
Under the FHA, landlords and homeowners’ associations must make
reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities.
Q:If my housing complex has a “no-pets” policy, must my landlord
or homeowners’ association allow me to keep my animal in my
A: Housing providers must make exceptions to a “no-pets” policy to permit persons
with disabilities to use and live with a service or emotional support animal
as a reasonable accommodation. There is no requirement that the
animal be specially trained; however, the animal must provide a disability related benefit to the individual with a disability
Found that online….

Powered by Yahoo! Answers